Canon PIXMA MG5150 review-Canon's PIXMA MG5150 is among the cheaper multi-function printers (MFPs) around. Would certainly be hard-pressed to tell, although - it's constructed with the same shiny, expensive-looking plastics because the other 2 PIXMAs here, and it really is one of the best-looking devices general. Although it is a new product, the basic design is rather familiar, getting similar to prior models.
With this price, you would expect several compromises; however this MFP is amazingly well-equipped. It images with several inks, has got the same large print resolution because the most very specified devices, 2 paper trays and a built-in duplexer with regard to automatic two-sided printing. The scanner's 1,200x2, 400dpi quality is plenty for the majority of creative jobs, there is a PICTBRIDGE port, and the card reader facilitates most common types. Even the small 6cm color screen is large enough to become practical.
Environment the MG5150 upward is pain-free, though much like many other printers the following it does include inserting the particular print heads prior to fitting the actual ink tanks. There are 5 of these; a sizable pigment black container for text printing, and black, cyan, green and yellow color inks regarding photo prints. Even though the black contributes a substantial 3p to the price of an A4 page, competing color ink prices helps to keep the general price with a reasonable 8.6p.
The actual pigment-based black ink helps the particular MG5150 deliver high quality text on plain paper, despite the fact that at 9.9 pages per minute (PPM) within draft mode it's pretty unhurried. Luckily, the normal mode will be barely any kind of slower, which means that high-quality letter printing is actually somewhat quick with an inkjet. More expensive devices are usually quicker with regards to color and photo printing, nevertheless.
In fact, the actual MG5150's only apparent disadvantage may be the lack of built-in network connectivity - there is just a USB port. This is not a problem should you decide to use it with simply one computer, however it presents issues otherwise: even though Windows computers and numerous network-attached storage devices allow you to share the printer across the network, they won't help an MFP's card-reader or even scanner.
Surprisingly, possibly, the MG5150's print top quality holds its very own against even reliable printers here. Basic paper copies are very excellent, with well-judged coverage settings and hardly any imperfections or perhaps artifacts. Shades prints haven't much banding in the strong fills or even gradients of business images, although the color ink does mean they lack a bit impact. Photo images are also one of the better. While there existing slight soft qualities to the particulars, it's impossible to place any feed and most colors are produced faithfully, whether or not printing from a PC or even directly from any card, colors are offered a slight rise in saturation in which, in most cases, lifting the results without making them garish. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG5150.
Canon PIXMA MG5150 Printer Specifications:
- Functions: Print, Scan & Copy. Camera, Memory Card, and Mobile phone direct printing
- Print Resolution: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
- Print Engine: InkJet 5-ink with minimum 1 pl droplet size and FINE print head
- Ink Cartridge Configuration: Single Ink technology - 5 separate ink tanks (PGI-525PGBK, CLI-526BK, CLI-526C, CLI-526M, CLI-526Y)
- Borderless Printing: Yes (A4, 20 x 25cm, 13 x 18cm, 10 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm)
- Scanner Type: Flatbed CIS colour scanner
- Colour Scanning Depth: 48 bit input / 24 bit output (RGB each 16 / 8 bit)
- Scan Methods & Enhancements: Scan jpeg, compact PDF or normal PDF to memory card or USB memory, attach to email, Push-scan, Auto Scan Mode, Auto Document Fix, PDF file creation/editing/password security, Stitch Assist, Correct document orientation, Prevent show through, Correct slanted documents, Photo corrections (Fading correction, Grain correction, Reduce dust and scratches, Backlight correction, Auto Tone), Gutter Shadow Correction, Text (OCR)
- Interface Type - PC / Mac: Hi-Speed USB (B Port), Bluetooth Ver2.0 maximum speed 1.44Mbps (Option, HCRP) (with optional Bluetooth Unit BU-30)
- Supported Operating System: Windows 8 (32 and 64bit) Windows RT Windows 7 (32 and 64bit) Windows Vista (32 and 64bit) Windows XP (32bit) Mac OS X 10.4.11 - 10.8.
Canon PIXMA MG5150 Driver & Software Download - Windows, Mac, Linuxwww.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG5150 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and software Canon PIXMA MG5150? Here we go.
|MG5150 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)||Download|
|MG5150 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||Download|
|MG5150 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)14.93 MB||Download|
|MG5150 series Scanner Driver Ver. 17.7.1b (Mac)11.12 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a (Mac)7.05 MB||Download|
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG5150
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG5150 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your MG5150 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG5150. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG5150 using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG5150.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG5150 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG5150 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG5150 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG5150 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG5150 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for Canon PIXMA MG5150.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG5150 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG5150 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG5150 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG5150 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect Canon PIXMA MG5150 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG5150 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG5150 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from Canon PIXMA MG5150 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG5150. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG5150 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG5150 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG5150 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG5150, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.