Canon PIXMA MG5120 - The $109.99 price Canon PIXMA MG5120 creates the exceptional photos which we've seen within earlier photo-focused quality Canon printers. But it is also an excellent value regarding home workplaces that need a great able document printer and scanner, as well as copier. It is not the most effective printer we've seen with a long photo, but if you think about quality more valuable than speed, you may not be let down. We were furthermore surprised to find out that it dealt with our copying and scanning checks much better than several pricier AIOs, and they come in some helpful features for any home office, especially automatic duplex (double-sided) printing.
The Canon PIXMA MG5120 features a stylish, modest design that we often see fitting right into a living room equally as comfortably since it would within an office. It's all-black, gleaming, and sleek-looking, with interesting slopes and sides. This is, nevertheless, the entry-level design in Canon’s this year line of photo-centric AIOs (one other two is the $199 PIXMA MG6120 series and $299 PIXMA series MG8120), so that you won't get yourself a lot of the wonderful perks of those much more upscale models. Perks of such
All of us noticed this kind of right away inside the design. The other 2 AIOs sport a trendy interface along with certain switches that illuminate when the equipment is on, and other people that illuminate contextually, when they needs to be used. The actual PIXMA MG5120, on the other hands, has a much more traditional control panel that works along the proper side with the top of the printer, near the scanner cover.
The scanning bed will be on the top of the device. The lid will be thin and mild, and it seems like it could be dislocated very easily if you're not mindful. The scanner can hold documents and images as huge as 8.5x11.7 inches in a maximum quality of 1,200x2, 400dpi. The actual hinge on the actual scanner lid is adjustable, that is great for when you really need to scan publications or other heavy media.
On the actual right-front of the physique, you’ll find the power switch, and, just below that, a bank associated with memory-card slots powering a plastic-type door which blends effectively into the front with the body. (The actual slots assistance a load associated with flash formats: SD, MULTIMEDIACARD, Memory Stick Duo, MINISD, COMPACTFLASH, SDHC, Memory Stick Pro, and XD-Picture Card.) Just underneath that, on the particular bottom-right side from the printer, is a PICTBRIDGE port allowing you to connect your digital camera straight to the PIXMA MG5120 regarding photo printing. As for the computer interface, the particular MG5120 connects with a PC or Mac using a USB cable, which you'll provide. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG5120.
Canon PIXMA MG5120 Driver & Software Specs
- Paper Sizes – 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Copy Speed (up to) – FCOT(Color) Approx. 20 seconds, Reduction / Enlargement: 25% – 400%
- Scanner Type – Flatbed, Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS), Max. Resolutions; Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Print Speed (up to) – 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 39 seconds, Black:ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.7 ipm, Color:ESAT (Color) Approx. 6.1 ipm
- Print Resolution (Up to) – Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Software Included – Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM PIXMA MG5120 Printer Driver Easy-PhotoPrint EX Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows only) 5 Full HD Movie Print4 MP Navigator EX Solution Menu
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.9 W x 14.5D x 6.3 H, Weight: 17.1 lbs
Canon PIXMA MG5120 Driver & Software Download - Windows, Mac, Linux
www.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG5120 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and software Canon PIXMA MG5120? Here we go.
Operating System Download MG5120 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64) Download MG5120 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) Download MG5120 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.214.171.124 (Mac)14.93 MB Download MG5120 series Scanner Driver Ver. 17.7.1b (Mac)11.12 MB Download ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a (Mac)7.05 MB Download
|MG5120 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64)
|MG5120 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)
|MG5120 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)14.93 MB
|MG5120 series Scanner Driver Ver. 17.7.1b (Mac)11.12 MB
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a (Mac)7.05 MB
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG5120
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG5120 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your MG5120 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG5120. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG5120 using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG5120.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG5120 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG5120 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG5120 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG5120 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG5120 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for Canon PIXMA MG5120.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG5120 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG5120 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG5120 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG5120 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect Canon PIXMA MG5120 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG5120 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG5120 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from Canon PIXMA MG5120 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG5120. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG5120 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG5120 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG5120 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG5120, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.