Canon PIXMA MG8100 Driver-To present the vision and future direction of the Canon, Canon held the Canon EXPO 2010, a showcase for new products and future technologies, in New York, Paris and Tokyo. Océ N.V. Netherlands became a subsidiary of Canon. In addition Canon provides support for the Japan Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo 2010. Canon develops APS-H sensor-size world's first CMOS with high resolution 120 MP. Canon CMOS sensor also developed ultrasensitive 202 x 205 mm in the world. Canon and Fujitsu agree to collaborate on a managed service.
There are 5 new products are introduced, namely:
- The PowerShot SD4500 IS DIGITAL ELPH (IXUS 1000 HS), the thinnest digital compact camera in the world with a 10 x optical zoom and Full HD video.
- XF305, professional video surveillance system with CMOS sensor 3, 18 x optical zoom, and file-based recording codec.
- PIXMA MG8100 series/MG6100 inkjet MFP, showing the design of the bodywork was revised and a system of navigation buttons light guided Touch Smart System.
- The Compact imageRUNNER ADVANCE Bodi are C2000 series was introduced.
- XDI-70C Wireless, a non-tethered digital X-raydetector.
Canon PIXMA MG8100 Printer Specifications
- Print Speed (up to) 4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 20 seconds Black:ESAT Approx. 12.5 ipm Colour:ESAT Approx. 9.3 ipm
- Number of Nozzles Colour: 5,632 / Black: 512 / Total: 6,144
- Picoliter Size (colour) 1,2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to) Colour: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi,Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10,” Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper; Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper “Photo Rag” ™; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print1, Grayscale Printing, ID Photo Print, smartphone Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet,Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print, Wireless Printing
- Output Tray Capacity Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets Cassette: 150 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to) FCOT(Colour) Approx. 15 seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement 25% – 400%
- Copy Features 4 in 1 / 2 in 1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Film Copy, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Manual Colour Adjustment, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Trimming Copy, Zoom
- Scanner Type Flatbed
- Scanning Element Charged-Coupled Device (CCD)
- Max. Resolutions Optical:4800 x 9600 dpi (Film)Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Film Scan, Gutter Shadow Correction, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory, White LED, Wireless Scanning
- Colour Depth 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size 8.5″ x 11.7″
- Media Card Support SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™,MultiMediaCard®,MultiMediaCard® Plus,miniSD™ Card, miniSDHC™,microSD™ Card, microSDHC™,RS-MMC™,USB flash memory15,CompactFlash® Card,Microdrive®,Memory Stick®,Memory Stick PRO™,Memory Stick Duo™,Memory Stick PRO Duo™,Memory Stick Micro,xD-Picture Card®,xD-Picture Card® (Type M),xD-Picture Card® (Type H)
- Other Features Intelligent Touch System, Wi-Fi LED, 2-Way,Paper Feeding, 3.5″ LCD, Auto Sheet Feeder,D.C.G.P.T, FAU, Scroll Wheel, Ethernet, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, Quick Access UI,Quick Start
- OS Compatibility Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP/200018,MacOS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x18
- Standard Interface Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)2
- Ethernet,USB 2.0 Hi-Speed,Card Slots (See Memory Card Support),PictBridge (Cable not included),Bluetooth® v2.0 (Optional),IrDA9
- Software Included Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM
- PIXMA MG8100 Printer Driver,Easy-PhotoPrint EX,Easy-PhotoPrint Pro,Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows only),Full HD Movie Print1,MP Navigator EX,Solution Menu
- Dimension (W x D x H) 18.5″ W x 15.5″D x 7.9″ H
- Weight 23.6 lbs
Canon PIXMA MG8100 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux
MG8100 series MP Driver For Windows XP (64-bit) 19 MB~~~>>> Download
MG8100 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 30 MB ~~~>>>Download
MG8100 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) 23 MB~~~>>> Download
MG8100 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8) 39 MB~~~>>> Download
MG8100 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) 17 MB~~~>>> Download
ICA Driver For Mac OS X 10.6 8.6 MB~~~>>> Download
MG8100 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6) 18 MB~~~>>> Download
Printer Driver for Mac OSX (OS X 10.4/10.5) 7.8 MB~~~>>> Download
MG8100 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5) 13 MB~~~>>> Download
ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) 7.1 MB~~~>>> Download
Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6) 5.3 MB~~~>>> Download
Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5) 4.8 MB~~~>>> Download
Linux IJ Scanner Driver 3.7 MB~~~>>> Download
Linux IJ Printer Driver 7.7 MB~~~>>> Download
Linux IJ scanner driver source file 3.7 MB~~~>>> Download
Linux IJ printer driver source file 9.1 MB ~~~>>>Download
Guide for Quick Menu (Mac) 1.1 MB~~~>>> Download
Guide for Quick Menu (Windows) 1.1 MB~~~>>> Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Windows) 11 MB~~~>>> Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Mac) 11 MB~~~>>> Download
On-Screen Manual for Windows (Multilanguage) 53 MB~~~>>> Download
On-Screen Manual for Macintosh (Multilanguage) 38 MB~~~>>> Download
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and Software Canon PIXMA MG8100 ? Here we go.
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG8100
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG8100 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG8100 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG8100 .If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG8100 the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG8100 .
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG8100 run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG8100 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG8100 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG8100 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG8100 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG8100 .
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG8100 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG8100 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG8100 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG8100 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG8100 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG8100 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG8100 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG8100 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG8100 .You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG8100 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG8100 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG8100 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG8100 ,the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.