Canon PIXMA MG8130 Driver-Canon is aware that its customers can often choose to upgrade their existing operating systems but, before doing so, Canon always recommends its customers to consider whether their canon product will continue to function as expected with the new updated operating system.
In general, at the time of launching each new operating system, Canon has already established exactly what products will be supported and this will be communicated through the company's support websites.
Canon makes such decisions in the knowledge that the production of drivers and software support has a direct financial cost. Thus, by certainly respecting the choice of its customers to update the technologies in their possession, Canon cannot guarantee that its older products will continue to be supported by the new operating system.
Canon Inc. Headquartered in Japan announced the presence of a series of compatibility issues between the new MacOS System (Sierra) and a selection of Canon products and software packages.
If you have a physical product or software in one of the following lists, we strongly recommend that you do not upgrade your operating system until the full functionality confirmation is provided.
Canon PIXMA MG8130 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux
Printer Driver for Mac OSX (OS X 10.4/10.5) 7.8 MB
MG8130 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5) 13 MB
ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) 7.1 MB
Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6) 5.3 MB
Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5) 4.8 MB
Linux IJ Scanner Driver 3.7 MB
Linux IJ Printer Driver 7.7 MB
Linux IJ scanner driver source file 3.7 MB
Linux IJ printer driver source file 9.1 MB
Guide for Quick Menu (Mac) 1.1 MB
Guide for Quick Menu (Windows) 1.1 MB
Guide for My Image Garden (Windows) 11 MB
Guide for My Image Garden (Mac) 11 MB
On-Screen Manual for Windows (Multilanguage) 53 MB
On-Screen Manual for Macintosh (Multilanguage) 38 MB
MG8130 series MP Driver For Windows XP (64-bit) 19 MB
MG8130 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 30 MB
MG8130 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) 23 MB
MG8130 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8) 39 MB
MG8130 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) 17 MB
ICA Driver For Mac OS X 10.6 8.6 MB
MG8130 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6) 18 MB
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and Software Canon PIXMA MG8130 ? Here we go.
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG8130
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG8130 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG8130 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG8130 .If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG8130 the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG8130 .
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG8130 run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG8130 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG8130 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG8130 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG8130 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG8130 .
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG8130 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG8130 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG8130 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG8130 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG8130 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG8130 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG8130 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG8130 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG8130 .You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG8130 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG8130 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG8130 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG8130 ,the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.
Post a Comment