The CanoScan 5000F introduces a new generation of low-cost 2,400dpi scanners enabling high-resolution scans of printed documents, photos and 35mm film.
CanoScan 5000F Benefits
- 2400 x 4800dpi 6-line CCD sensor
- USB 2.0 High Speed interface
- FAU to scan 35mm film
- FARE dust and scratch removal technology.
- 4 EZ buttons
- Comprehensive drivers and toolbox software
- Multi-Photo mode
- Windows and Macintosh compatible
With its scanning capability of 2,400 dpi the CanoScan 5000F is the first level in Canon's step-up range. This resolution level makes it especially suitable for film scanning as it nears the resolution of dedicated film scanners costing many times more. Its 48 bit colour depth delivers exceptional quality from any photo original, including 35 mm negatives. It combines advanced CCD technology incorporating an electronic shutter, so scan times are quick - up to twice as fast as the competition.
The CanoScan 5000F is equipped with a large Film Adapter Unit (FAU) and is capable of scanning three frames of 35 mm film in a single pass. Canon's advanced FARE (Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement) technology, that was first introduced on high end film scanners, is included. This process uses infra-red light to identify and map dust and scratches on the surface of the original. These are then removed from the scanned image saving you retouching time. FARE Level 1, featured on the 5000F, is a new improved version offering even greater accuracy.
The CanoScan 5000F has four large easy-to-use scan buttons to operate the functions you use most for processing images, film negatives or slides: copying, scanning, filing, sending them to your e-mail program or creating PDF files.
The USB 2.0 High Speed interface is the new standard in PC connectivity, delivering scan speeds up to four times faster than standard USB scanners. And, it's compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
With Canon's fast Multi-Photo mode you can scan up to ten separate images at once and then work on each one separately. If images are turned sideways, the computer software will straighten them automatically. What's more, the fast Multi Photo mode can recognise the type of original you use - whether it's a photo or 35 mm film - and scan the material accordingly.
The CanoScan 5000F comes standard with Arcsoft PhotoStudio for image editing, PhotoBase for image management, Omnipage SE OCR, NewSoft PageManager 6, and the Canon Toolbox for easy operation.
Operating System Version Size Download
- CanoScan 5000 Scanner Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124a (Windows Vista/XP/2000) 126.96.36.199a 7,856KB Download
- CanoScan 5000 Scanner Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52a (Windows 98/Me) 184.108.40.206a 7,851KB Download
- CanoScan 5000/CanoScan 5000F Scanner Driver ScanGear CS Ver. 220.127.116.11X (Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4) 18.104.22.168X 18,001KB Download
- CanoScan 5000/CanoScan 5000F Scanner Driver ScanGear CS for Mac OS 9 22.214.171.124 4,016KB Download
- CanoScan Toolbox (Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4) 126.96.36.199X 2,525KB Download
- Driver uninstall utility (Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4) 2.22X 72KB Download
How to install the driver for CanoScan 5000F
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile, if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page appears with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can have differed depend on upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of CanoScan 5000F . The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7, for windows XP or windows 8 is not the much different way.