Canon PIXMA MG3640 Effortlessly print stunning borderless photos packed with high levels of detail, plus professional looking documents with sharp text - thanks to Canon’s FINE cartridge system and up to 4,800dpi print resolution. With ISO ESAT speeds of 9.9 ipm mono and 5.7 ipm colour, a 10 x15 cm borderless photo takes around 44 seconds..
Smartphone ready this printer. Simply download the Canon PRINT app and you can print and scan using your smartphone or tablet, and directly access cloud services. Built-in access point mode creates an ad hoc wireless network - so you can print and scan directly without having to join a Wi-Fi network or use the internet.
With improved PIXMA Cloud Link you can print photos in seconds from Facebook, Instagram and online photo albums; print/scan documents to cloud services like GoogleDrive, OneDrive and Dropbox; and even attach and send scanned files/images directly via email – all without using a PC*.
Have fun exploring your creativity with Easy-PhotoPrint+. You can easily design and print greeting cards, photo collages and much more with this web-based service, using your personal images from your tablet, PC or the cloud.
Canon PIXMA MG3640 Printer Specs
- Functions Wi-Fi, Print, Copy, Scan, Cloud Link
- Print Resolution Up to 4800¹ x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour),Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size,ChromaLife100 inks
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 9.9 ipm¹
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 5.7 ipm¹
- Photo Print Speed Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 44 seconds¹
- Borderless Printing Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
- Two Sided Printing Auto Duplex Print (A4, Letter)
- Standard Ink Cartridges PG-440 (Black),CL-441 (Colour)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges PG-440XL (Black),CL-441XL (Colour)
- Cartridge Yield (Plain paper),A4 colour documents printing¹,Black: 180 pages ,Black XL: 600 pages,Colour: 180 pages,Colour XL: 400 pages
- Cartridge Yield (Photo print) 10x15cm colour photo printing¹,Black: 2465* photos ,Black XL: 7560* photos,Colour: 69 photos ,Colour XL: 150 photos,* Estimated supplemental yield
- Paper Types Plain Paper ,High Resolution Paper (HR-101N) ,Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101) ,Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201) ,Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101) ,Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201) ,Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501),Matte Photo Paper (MP-101) ,T-Shirt Transfer ,Envelope
- Maximum Paper Input Front tray: Max. 100 sheets (plain paper)
- Paper Sizes A4, A5, B5, 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Letter, Legal
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m² Canon photo paper: up to 300 g/m²
- Scanner Type CIS flatbed photo and document scanner
- Scanner Resolution (Optical) 1200 x 2400 dpi¹
- A4 Scan Speed Approx. 14sec¹
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output) Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit,Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit
- Maximum Document Size 216 x 297 mm
- Copy Speed sFCOT: Approx. 22sec¹,sESAT: Approx. 2.7ipm¹
- Multiple Copy 21 copies (max.)
- Copy Functions Document copying (plain paper), Borderless Copy
- Copy Zoom Fit to page
- Display Type & Size No display
- Interface Type - PC / Mac Hi-Speed USB (B Port) ,Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n,Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password,Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz
- Interface Type - Other PIXMA Cloud Link,Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app,Canon Print Service Plugin (Android),Google Cloud PrinT,Access point mode,WLAN PictBridge,Apple AirPrint,Mopria (Android)
- Supported Operating Systems,Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (including Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8,Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1,Windows Vista SP2,Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only),Note: For Windows, .NET Framework 4 or .NET Framework 4.5 is required.For Windows XP, XPS Essentials Pack is required.Mac OS X v10.7.5 to Mac OS X v10.10
- Supported Mobile Systems,iOS,Android
- Minimum System Requirements,Windows: 3.1GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8,Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5,Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included MP Driver including Scanning Utility,My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print¹ ,Quick Menu,Easy-WebPrint EX (download) ²
- Weight approx. 5.4 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H) approx. 449 x 304 x 152 mm
- Acoustic Noise Levels approx. 43.5dB(A)¹
- Operating Temperature 5-35°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%RH (no dew condensation)
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption Off: Approx. 0.1 W ,Standby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 1.4 W (scanning lamp off) ,Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 1.4 W (scanning lamp is off) ,Time to enter Standby mode: 7 minutes,Copying: Approx. 16 W¹
Canon PIXMA MG3640 Operating System CompatibilityWindows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) / Linux
MG3640 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
MG3640 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)~~~>>>Download
Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)~~~>>>Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)~~~>>>Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)~~~>>>Download
MG3640series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)~~~>>>Download
MG3640series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
MG3640 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)~~~>>>Download
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and Software Canon PIXMA MG3640? Here we go.
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG3640
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG3640 by Downloading the Software for FreeFor the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG3640 without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG3640. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG3640.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG3640 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG3640 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG3640 Using Manual Driver InstallationIf you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG3640 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG3640 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG3640.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG3640 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG3640 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG3640 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG3640 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG3640 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG3640 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG3640 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG3620 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG3640. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG3640 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG3640 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG3640 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.