Canon PIXMA MG2555s Review - This Canon printer is ideal for the home and is good for printing high-quality documents and photographs. Its lightweight, sleek layout means this easily matches any research or house workspace.
Canon nowadays unveils 2 new All-in-One PIXMA series inkjet printers - the particular PIXMA MG3050 series & PIXMA MG2550S. Created for the house, both brand new models are fantastic for printing high quality files and photos, and the particular compact, smooth design, ensures they easily fit into virtually any study or perhaps home work area.
Regardless of whether you will need a printer for personal or even business make use of; a Canon inkjet printer would have been a right choice for you due to their consistency within delivering for you print regarding superior quality. Additionally, theses printers will also be usually built with more than just a single function. Very often, you'll be able to find functions such as photo copier, fax and scanning set up in the same equipment, so you can in fact save price by buying only 1 machine as opposed to three.
A resilient printing machine is important for a company with high paper calls for, and requirements for example scanning and copying are both important for the modern office. Different sectors including 'advertising printing' need high quality, performance and trustworthiness...something an inferior printer simply cannot handle.
Besides, the actual Canon Company has developed in the market for several decades so that they are a manufacturer that you can have confidence in. In order to preserve their great reputation, they're also constantly bettering their products to enable them to be on element with the contending manufacturers.
And needless to say the strong nature regarding MFP printers means that over time company is going to be saved. They are a proven audio investment and are usually less likely to breakdown compared with smaller sized 'desktop' printing machines.
Along with multifunction printers, ink is available in bulk, which suggests lower ink expenses. Any more compact home printer will need certain costs for both mono (and especially) and color ink and the price could be substantial. But because huge office multifunction printers are equipped for durability, performance and speed, the future saving on ink expenses could be a very beneficial aspect for enterprise expenses.
Even though the internet and online cloud document discussing is becoming more popular than ever, MFP printers still enjoy an important role on the job. 'Hard copies' are often needed as a shield in case there are on the web networking problems that prevent vital documents through being used quickly. And frequently quick designs and scans are important for essential documents for example passports and generating licenses. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG2555s.
- Model Numbers MG2555s ,MG2555S¹
- Functions Print, Copy, Scan
- Print Resolution Up to 4800¹ x 600 dpi
- Print Technology 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour)
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 8.0 ipm¹
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 4.0 ipm¹
- Borderless Printing Not available
- Two Sided Printing Manual operation
- Paper Types Plain Paper,Envelopes,Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201),Photo Paper Glossy "Everyday Use" (GP-501)
- Maximum Paper Input Rear tray: Max. 60 sheets (plain paper)
- Paper Sizes Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal,Photo paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm,Envelopes: DL, COM10
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m²,Canon photo paper: up to 275 g/m²
- Scanner Type CIS flatbed photo and document scanner
- Scanner Resolution (Optical) 600 x 1200 dpi¹
- A4 Scan Speed Approx. 14 seconds¹
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output),Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit,Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit
- Maximum Document Size 216 x 297 mm
- Copy Speed sFCOT: Approx. 31 seconds¹,sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm¹
- Multiple Copy 21 copies (max.)
- Copy Functions Document copying (plain paper)
- Display Type & Size No display
- Interface Type - PC / Mac Hi-Speed USB (B Port)
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (including Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8,Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1,Windows Vista SP2,Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only),Note: For Windows, .NET Framework 4 or .NET Framework 4.5 is required.,For Windows XP, XPS Essentials Pack is required.,Mac OS X v10.7.5 to Mac OS X v10.11
- Minimum System Requirements,Windows: 3.1GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8,Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5,Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included,MP Driver including Scanning Utility,My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print¹,Quick Menu,Easy-WebPrint EX (download)²
- Weight Approx. 3.5 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 426 x 306 x 145mm
- Operating Temperature 5-35°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%RH (no dew condensation)
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption,Off: Approx. 0.4 W,Standby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 1.0 W (scanning lamp off),Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 1.0 W (scanning lamp off),Time to enter Standby mode: 7 minutes,Copying: Approx. 9 W¹
Canon PIXMA MG2555s Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2555s Driver & Software Download - Windows, Macwww.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2555s Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|MG2555s /MG2500s series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.1||47.15 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series MP Drivers – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||19.45 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series XPS Printer Driver – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.70||17.65 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.00||1.45 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||4.00||7.42 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.20||4.40 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.20||1.23 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||4.00||1.35 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.20||1.20 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series CUPS Printer Driver – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||184.108.40.206||13.63 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.0||2.24 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.1||368.42 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver – (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.40 MB||Download|
|MG2555s /MG2500s series CUPS Printer Driver – (OS X 10.6)||220.127.116.11||15.48 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.16 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||298.53 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21.48 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102.17 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden – (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||297.83 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.38 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility – (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20.23 MB||Download|
|My Printer – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.55 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||14.53 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||57.54 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293.18 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu – (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.21 MB||Download|
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG2555s
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2555s by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG2555s without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2555s . If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG2555s using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG2555s .
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2555s and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG2555s for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG2555s Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2555s or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG2555s printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG2555s .
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG2555s printer.
Method 3: Canon MG2555s Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG2555s using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2555s printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG2555s to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG2555s using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2555s printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2555s to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2555s . You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2555s to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2555s is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG2555s for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG2555s , the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.