Canon PIXMA MG2550 trusted Review - The Canon PIXMA MG2550 can be a budget all-in-one printer that may appeal to individuals looking for one thing cheap. It is short on functions - there's no WI-FI connectivity and it wouldn't automatically print double-sided - nevertheless it produces razor-sharp text images. But will the bucks you've stored initially end up being spent on ink? We have tested this particular cheap printer to ascertain if it also generates cheap designs.
This is one of the better value printers on their own market today. As expected you do not get any elegant features on this model, however it does have very decent print end result, and is sufficiently small to fit anyplace with ease.
Steps involved of good and negative points
• Great price, and more compact footprint creates a handy size printer
• Print output is fairly good for a low cost model, text message is pretty well-defined and graphics and photographs are good high quality too
• It could scan up to Six-hundred x 1200 dots per inch scan speeds are usually acceptable not necessarily the fastest fine regarding text and so good for photographs (you really need an increased priced scanning device for lots of photo tests) This does a great ok work
• It does use a quiet mode and whilst it decreases it straight down printing speed sensible, if you're a evening print person it's much less noisy than normal printing (i.e. it functions as explained)
• Basic products here absolutely no wireless printing just USB cable (not just a big deal for the majority of)
• No leading LCD just the regulates for the printer
• Photo copier speeds usually are not that fast (about 25-30 just a few seconds I've utilized faster)
It is compatible with Windows 8: Windows 7: Windows Landscape: Windows XP SP3 (32bit just): Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later on, so that ought to cover just about all requirements
Installment is very simple and easy with the entire disc provided
Paper tray retains about 50-60 bedding of normal A4 paper
Printing expenses, note the particular XL cartridges have much greater capacity compared to the normal types, so managing the cost element out per page attempt to go with the actual XL ones if at all possible. Canon's yield rates are about 180 web pages for a normal capsule and 400 for your XL (Black)
Photo printing, I'd steer clear of over utilizing budget printers with this as they eat quite a bit of ink regarding photos. The actual odd print is actually fine but if you require A4 prints many times it cheaper to use a neighborhood lab (based on quantity) - that’s all about Canon PIXMA MG2550.
Canon PIXMA MG2550 Specifications
- Print Resolution As much as 4800 ¹ x 600 dpi, Mono Publish Rate: Approx. 8.0 ipm ¹, Colour Publish Speed: Approximate. 4.0 ipm ¹
- Scanner Kind: CIS flatbed photo and also file scanner.
- Scanner Resolution (Optical): 600 x 1200 dpi ¹, A4 Scan Speed: Approximate. 14 secs ¹
- Replicate Speed; sFCOT: Approx. 31 secs ¹, sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm ¹
- Software program Consisted of: MP Driver consisting of Scanning Energy, My Picture Garden with Complete HD Movie Publish ¹, Quick Menu,
- Easy-WebPrint Ex Lover (download) ¹.
- Weight: Approximate. 3.5 kg, Measurements (W x D x H): 426 x 306 x 145mm.
- Sustained Mobile Equipments: Windows RT
- Paper Dimensions; Ordinary paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Picture paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm, Envelopes: DL, COM10.
- Paper Types: Level Paper, Envelopes, Image Paper Plus Shiny II (PP-201), Picture Paper Glossy “Day-to-day Usage” (GP-501).
Canon PIXMA MG2550 Driver & Software Download - Windows, Mac, Linux
www.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2550 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and Software Canon PIXMA MG2550 ? Here we go.
Operating System Download MG2550 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 07/22/15 47.15 MB Download Windows Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch Ver.1.0.2 08/18/21 42.41 KB Download MG2550 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows) 01/26/16 13.19 MB Download MG2550 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 07/22/15 14.90 MB Download My Image Garden Ver.3.6.4 (Windows) 10/25/19 294.39 MB Download Easy-WebPrint EX Ver.1.7.0 (Windows) 08/20/18 15.21 MB Download Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0 (Windows) 01/12/18 57.57 MB Download Quick Menu Ver.2.8.5 (Windows) 01/12/18 9.07 MB Download MG2550 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X) 02/16/16 368.48 MB Download MG2550 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac) 09/09/21 14.36 MB Download ICA Driver – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) Download
|MG2550 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 07/22/15 47.15 MB||Download|
|Windows Printers and Multifunction Printers security patch Ver.1.0.2 08/18/21 42.41 KB||Download|
|MG2550 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows) 01/26/16 13.19 MB||Download|
|MG2550 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 07/22/15 14.90 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Ver.3.6.4 (Windows) 10/25/19 294.39 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX Ver.1.7.0 (Windows) 08/20/18 15.21 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0 (Windows) 01/12/18 57.57 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Ver.2.8.5 (Windows) 01/12/18 9.07 MB||Download|
|MG2550 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X) 02/16/16 368.48 MB||Download|
|MG2550 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (Mac) 09/09/21 14.36 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver – (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG2550
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2550. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG2550.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2550 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG2550 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG2550 Using Manual Driver Installation
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2550 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG2550 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG2550.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG2550 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG2550 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2550 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG2550 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2550 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2550 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2550. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2550 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2550 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG2550 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.