Canon PIXMA MG2440 - Fashionable and affordable All-In-One for that home, lightweight All-In-One for easy printing, scanning and copying in your own home offering elective, cost-effective XL ink cartridges and software program for intelligent website printing.
Fantastic printer, quick installment Free ink as well, but you call for an USB cable to connect with your pc because it doesn't come with that, but not positive how much ink expense though.
• Compact All-In-One for your home: print, copy and scan
• High top quality prints with as many as 4800dpi and FINE cartridge technology
• Optional XL ink tubes deliver a lot more prints at a lower price
• Auto Power On turns the actual printer on when you start printing
• Auto Power Away switches the actual printer off you should definitely used
Even though it is not a wireless printer I'm very content with my purchase. Great for multi-purpose house printer. No fax that is okay with me at night. I would recommend this particular as long as your own not trying to find fax and/or wireless.
The leading is seriously undercut, reducing the all round footprint if the machine is actually open regarding printing. Unusually for any Canon printer, it nourishes paper from your tray on the rear, which may hold up to 60 bedding, and feeds in the market to a telescopic end result tray in front. There’s no entrance cover towards the machine.
Having one of these straight document path makes it much easier to print on credit card, as it doesn’t must make the 180 level turn which media in the front-loading printer has to.
On best, the simple A4 scanner does not have any Automatic Document Feeder - you wouldn’t anticipate one with this price - and for the left is an extremely simple control panel, along with physical press buttons and pinhead LEDs.
The dual cartridges, a single black and one other tri color, slot inside from the top, once you’ve turned down any panel behind the particular output holder. They’re not that easy to find and you need to press the capsules up to click in place, which is a tad fiddly.
Tubes are available in 2 capacities, even though even the XL variations have highest page counts associated with 400 web pages black and 300 shades.
The FINE cartridge system together with min. 2pl ink minute droplets and up to 4800dpi print quality delivers fantastic levels of fine detail. With A4 print rates of 8.0ipm mono and 4.0ipm regarding color there’s very little waiting for the documents to be able to print. Print more at a lower price. XL FINE cartridges supply significantly more web pages and last longer in between ink replacements - perfect if you print often - and can deliver as much as 30% savings for every page compared to their own standard counterparts. That’s all about Canon PIXMA MG2440.
Canon Pixma MG2440 Specifications
- Print Resolution; Up to 4800 x 600 dpi, Print Technology; 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour), Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size, Mono Print Speed; Approx. 8.0 ipm¹, Colour Print Speed; Approx. 4.0 ipm
- Scanner Type; CIS flatbed photo and document scanner, Scanner Resolution (Optical); 600 x 1200 dpi¹, A4 Scan Speed; Approx. 14 seconds¹
- Copy Speed; sFCOT: Approx. 31 seconds¹, sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm¹, Multiple Copy; 21 copies (max.), Copy Functions; Document copying (plain paper)
- Software Included; MP Driver including Scanning Utility, My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print¹ , Quick Menu, Easy-WebPrint EX (download)²
- Weight; Approx. 3.5 kg, Dimensions (W x D x H); 426 x 306 x 145mm
- Standard Ink Cartridges; PG-445 (Black), CL-446 (Colour), Optional XL Ink Cartridges; PG-445XL (Black), CL-446XL (Colour)
- Paper Types; Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Glossy “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Paper Sizes; Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Photo paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm, Envelopes: DL, COM10, Paper Weight; Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m², Canon photo paper: up to 275 g/m²
Canon PIXMA MG2440 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MG2440 Driver Download - Windows, Mac, Linux
www.driverstool.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG2440 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
Operating System Download MG2440 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) Download ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) Download MG2440 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) Download MG2440 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7/Mac OS X 10.6) Download MG2440 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) Download MG2440 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) Download
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and software Canon PIXMA MG2440 ? Here we go.
|MG2440 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|MG2440 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||Download|
|MG2440 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||Download|
|MG2440 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||Download|
|MG2440 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||Download|
Steps by Step to Install Canon PIXMA MG2440
Method 1: Installing Canon PIXMA MG2440 by Downloading the Software for Free
For the first method, you will need to try installing the software for your PIXMA MG2440without using the automatic wizard that you usually get from the CD.
The things that you need are:
- The first of all, you will need the setup file for the driver and software that you will need to install Canon PIXMA MG2440. If you do not have the file that you need, then you need to download it first from the official website of Canon.
- The second thing that you need is the USB cable that can connect your printer to the computer or laptop where the software will be installed. Make sure it is compatible, or you can use the cable from the package when you buy the printer.
If you already have all of those requirements above, then you just need to install Canon PIXMA MG2440 using the setup file that you already have.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the laptop or computer where the software will be installed and your PIXMA MG2440.
- Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the USB cable is unplugged. That is because you will need to plug the USB cable later on, but not now.
- The next thing that you need to do is downloading the necessary setup file for your Canon PIXMA MG2440 and run the file to start the installation program. You just need to follow all of the simple instructions when the installation program starts.
- After the installation is finished, you will be prompted to plug in the USB cable and you should do that. Soon after that, the program will automatically check on the USB cable connection automatically. After you plug in the cable, the installation will continue to the further process.
- You just need to follow the later instructions to finish the whole installation process.
- When all of the processes are finished, then the installation is finished too and you can start using your Canon MG2440 for printing.
Method 2: Installing PIXMA MG2440 Using Manual Driver Installation
If you want to install the printer using the manual installation, then you will need to pick the “Add a Printer” option that you can find on the setting or control panel of your computer. This is something that you can always have in your computer.
The things that you need are:
- You need to firstly have the driver setup for Canon PIXMA MG2440 or the software setup to install the printer. You can find the specific link on the official website of Canon.
- The next thing that you need is the printer USB cable that will connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer or laptop where you will install the software and the PIXMA MG2440 printer.
- After that, you need to connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
- Once the cable has been connected, you will need to start extracting the data and setup file that you have downloaded for PIXMA MG2440.
- If you are running on Windows 7 or Vista for the operating system, then you will need to go to Control Panel and search for View Devices and Printer. For those who are running their computer on XP operating system, you need to find Fax and Printer options on Control Panel.
- Once you have found the main option, you will need to pick Add a Printer to start the installation.
- Before you start the installation process, you will need to lead the program to the extracted data file that the installation software needs. Therefore, take the tab to the location where you extracted the setup file earlier.
- After waiting for some time, you will notice that the printer has been installed on your computer and you are ready to use the PIXMA MG2440 printer.
Method 3: Canon MG2440 Software Installation Using Automatic Wizard
Simple steps of installing Canon PIXMA MG2440 using the automatic wizard (using CD)
The things that you need are:
- First of all, you will need to have the CD/DVD drive to be installed on your computer. Most computers have this kind of device.
- The second thing that you need is the software CD for installing Canon PIXMA MG2440 printer. The CD is usually included on the bundle package when you buy the printer.
- The third thing that you need is the USB cable that will connect PIXMA MG2440 to the computer when you are installing the printer.
Follow these simple steps for installing your Canon PIXMA MG2440 using the CD or automatic wizard.
- The first thing that you need to do is turning on the computer and your Canon PIXMA MG2440 printer. Make sure you do not forget those things.
- You should not connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2440 to the computer now. That is because you will be prompted to do that later on.
- The next thing that you need to do is inserting the installation CD to your CD/DVD drive. After that, the CD will run automatically and start the automatic wizard to install Canon PIXMA MG2440. You just need to follow all of the instructions until the whole process is finished.
- When the automatic wizard prompts you to insert or connect the USB cable from PIXMA MG2440 to your printer, then you will need to do so.
- Wait for the automatic wizard detects the USB cable after it is connected. When the wizard has detected the USB cable, you just need to follow the further steps.
- After few moments, you will get the finish notification. That means, your Canon PIXMA MG2440 is already installed and ready to use.
Setup / Installation Canon PIXMA MG2440 for Mac
- To begin the installation, you need first the respective file driver. So, download the file, prior, and at the time you think about the installation, trace the file that you save in particular folder. Or check your computer setting.
- Next, hit the downloaded file twice, and ensure that you mount the driver file on Disk Image.
- Afterward on the mounted Disk Image give another double click.
- And finally, apply two-time click on packaged drivel file. Just wait, since the installation will be automatically started.
That being said, depend on what platform that you use to install Canon PIXMA MG2440, the manual instructions for the installation and the other way around, can differ. The aforementioned installations procedures are applied on Mac and Windows 7. For Windows 8 or Windows XP, the driver file installation is pretty similar.